Tuesday, September 21, 2010

His peace is my peace

My bedroom is my sanctuary. It took me a long time to save for the furniture that I wanted and even longer time searching through Craigslist and Ebay for months trying to find the pieces I wanted at a discount...but I did it! I found every single piece that I desired and what should have cost me over $1000, only cost about $125. I love a good bargain!

After furnishing and decorating my room in my favorite color pink, with brown accents, I was left without an idea for this empty space above my headboard and between two windows. Oh, I had ideas...but none of them seemed right or really made me happy. So the empty space remained...and I have never been quite happy with it.





Beside the empty space, my sanctuary had recently become anything but a sanctuary. I wasn't sleeping well and when I was sleeping, I was having horrible nightmares. I called on my people for prayer because it was really starting to affect me during the day. If you've ever had one of those vivid dreams and wake up feeling every single feeling that you had in the dream, it can take a while to shake it off. I wasn't happy and I certainly wasn't rested.

One of my amazing girlfriends, "J", not only prayed for me, but she suggested that I meditate on some scriptures and suggested a few that have really helped her as she kept them posted above her bed. I immediately grabbed some paper and started to write out the scriptures to tape above my headboard and I stopped myself. The space above my bed is lacking...and what better to fill it with, than scripture. But I wanted it to be pretty...I'm a girl, it's my right.




I went to Walmart and bought a cheapie frame, printed the two scriptures and grabbed a few dried flowers that I had inherited from a friend who blessed me with a ton of crafting supplies a few months back. Thanks Margo :)



In case I haven't mentioned it before, 3M picture hanging strips ROCK!



I will lie down and sleep in peace for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety - Psalm 4:8

The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace - Psalm 29:11


The scriptures now hang permanently above my head every night and I love it. The scripture doesn't work by osmosis, meaning that it doesn't work because it hangs above my head. It works for me because I meditated on them, believed what God was saying and claimed it for my own. It worked...continues to work. Try it, test it. You won't be sorry...you'll be well rested!

1 comment:

  1. Awww love it! and even more love that it's working! =) I love that He has literally given us a scripture for EVERYTHING that life can throw our way!

    ReplyDelete