Monday, November 1, 2010

Simple Giving

Happy November! I cannot believe it's November already but I love it...and for me, the holiday season is in full swing! I love Halloween but I tend to hold back, not wanting to saturate my world with all things Christmas too early for fear of burnout...but November 1st gives me permission to jump in!

Last week while reading through a few blogs, I was introduced to the 30 Day Giving Challenge. I read the stories and prayed about it, although I'm not sure why. I didn't really see God saying, "no, don't give" but I still prayed and my heart was touched. God's heart is all about giving and in telling us to give, He wants to bless and give back to us.

Let each one give as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver
2 Corinthians 9: 7

If you feel led, please join me...it doesn't take much and it's completely in your own heart to decide how to give. It can be time, it can be a smile, it can be monetary. There is no such thing as a minimum gift...it can mean the world to a person and cost nothing to you. If you need a few ideas to get started, here's a few just off the top of my head...

1. Double your tip at the restaurant you visit today.
2. Give your mailman a thank-you card.
3. Visit your elderly neighbor.
4. Take a co-worker to lunch.
5. Pay for the lunch of the person behind you in the drive-thru.
6. Sacrifice your lunch hour as a time of prayer for someone in need.
7. Send an anonymous card to someone at church.
8. Bake cookies and take them to your neighbor.
9. Donate a shoebox to Operation Christmas Child.
10. Donate clothes, books or shoes to a local thrift shop.

Visit here for an amazing list of giving ideas!

The possibilities are endless and are only limited to whatever your heart can think of! It's so easy to give...let's do it together!

5 comments:

  1. These are all great ideas! Thanks Michelle by the way Number 4 sounds good to me so where are you going to take me out??? Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea to take time to pray for someone in need. We could all use someone praying for us intentionally! Thanks for participating in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list of ways to give, Michelle! Thanks for joining us for this year's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle,

    What a fun idea..loved the list! Hey..I know you wanted a red Thanksgiving print..I just need an email address to send it to! If you just send me a note at kikicreates at gmail dot com, then I will get it right to you!

    Thanks,

    Kiki Comin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle,
    These are awesome ideas. I think I will include Josephine in the "Operation Christmas Child"...it would be a good moment for her to "give back", I will take her to the store and allow her to pick things out, I will monitor her, but this is awesome..I think I will share the link on facebook, it will only cost about 10.00 to 15.00 if that to put the box together and Calvary Chapel Downey is a drop off locations. This is awesome. You rock. :o) Amanda

    ReplyDelete