Tuesday, November 9, 2010

30 Day Giving Challenge - Check In

It's Day 9 of the 30-Day Giving Challenge and I have to say that it has been an amazing opportunity to step out of the box and give in ways I had never taken the time to do. I don't want to post specifics because that just seems to lend toward "ringing my own bell" and I have zero desire to do that, but I will say that in my giving...I have been blessed.

When I think about my lowest times, they don't even compare to the struggles of people all over the world and even here in the United States. I'm a single mom, always have been since the day my son was born, and it has been a struggle. Educating myself, remaining employed and finding a way to take care of myself and my little human. I am blessed to have had that struggle, and even more blessed to have what I have, despite what I don't have.

Roof over our head - check
Food in the fridge - check
Working fridge - check
Car - check
Health - check
Water - check
Insurance - check
Family - check
Friends - check

The list goes on and on and on.....and on. The least that I can do is give...and give purposefully to what I believe in and what my life stands for.

Join me....it's not too late...it's never too late. It doesn't have to be money...just give. If you're looking for ways to give, here's just a few organizations that I am giving to this month and that I believe in.

Operation Christmas Child
Ornaments 4 Orphans
Salvation Army Angel Giving Tree
Christmas Shoes Project
Christmas Jars


5 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    you are an inspiration to all of us. I am taking on some of the idea of giving you are posting. I do it (not to toot my own horn) I do it every year, I normally find a family that has had a hard year and try to bless them with their christmas tree, or presents under it, or a christmas dinner, what ever my pocket book allows, ....these are awesome ideas you have posted. Note the links to all of the above ideas are only going to the Christmas Jar web site.

    Again thanks for the inspiration.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I fixed them Amanda...let me know if they continue to not work :) Thank you for the kind words...it means the world to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your post through the 30 day giving challenge.

    It is amazing how sometimes we forget the things we do have and the things we should be thankful for - like your checklist. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited that we can follow our shoeboxes by giving online. I haven't done OCC in awhile and I don't remember them having that option in years prior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right, they didn't have that option before. I think it's a great addition and makes it much more personal :)

    ReplyDelete