Monday, October 31, 2011

Crafting with Leftovers

Is it just me or did October completely fly by? I barely had a chance to enjoy the Halloween season but I will not let this happen to November!

One of the down sides of living in a guest cottage is that I am at the back of the property and there isn't the opportunity to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters...so I spent last night going through my craft stash and finishing a project that I've been wanting to do for a while. One of my goals during this Christmas season is to use the enormous stash of crafty goods to make gifts for friends and family in an effort to keep this Christmas simple and enjoyable.

I decided to start early and make my November wreath with things I already had on hand. Whenever I see foam wreath forms at the Dollar Tree, I snatch them up...they are between $4 and $5 at Michaels so it's a good deal! I alread had a skein of brown yarn and plenty of fall folliage from previous years. I grabbed my glue gun and got to work.





Can I just be honest and say what a complete chore it was to wrap the wreath form in yarn? I have seen so many options in Pinterest and I chose to go with the clean, side-by-side wrapping technique and it took FOREVER!

Finally, about an hour and two whole episodes of Friends later, the wrapping was complete.
I added a few leaves, berries and a red/orange sunflowery looking thing and it was done! It now hangs in my entry way and I love it. Simple and it cost me nothing...you can't get any better than that.


I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween and I look forward to a November full of crafts!


Partying it up in this link parties...


Made By You Monday on 'Skip To My Lou'

2 comments: